If you’re thinking about running for office this election cycle, or need to raise money for your organization, you should be all about fundraising in these early days.
To get you in the right mindset, here are some quotes on fundraising compiled by Reinier Spruit of 101 Fundraising…
- “Life is not scripted. Conversations with our donors should not be either.” – Lauren Semple
- “Martin Luther King didn’t get up and say: I have a budget and a plan!” – Alan Clayton
- “If you call yourself ‘Save the Whales,’ every once in a while, you have to save a whale.” – Tom Ahern
- “Donor loyalty is not about the donor being loyal to you, it is you being loyal to the donor.” – Harvey McKinnon
- “The only thing that matters a damn is the donor experience.” – Mark Phillips
- “Fundraisers should use pride, not apology, when asking for a gift for a charity that is doing good work.” – Henry Rosso
- “If you need to raise funds from donors, you need to study them, respect them, and build everything you do around them.” – Jeff Brooks
- “People will forget what you said. They will forget what you did. But they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “In good times and bad, we know that people give because you meet needs, not because you have needs.” – Kay Sprinkel Grace
Lot of wisdom in these. Once you have your head on straight about fundraising, the rest will follow naturally.