By most accounts, the Left really knows how to run a ground game in political campaigns.
By most accounts, the Right really knows how to TALK about how to run a ground game in political campaigns.
For those of you who want to see exactly what the Left is teaching their grassroots activists for field operations, I’ve obtained Chapter 4 of Democracy for America’s “Campaign Academy.” If you’re genuinely interested in learning how to run an effective ground game, you may as well learn from the best.
In this chapter on Field Organizing, you’ll learn…
- How to calculate you vote goal
- Strategic voter targeting
- Direct voter contact tactics
- Rules of the road for canvassing
- 10 super volunteer canvassing tips
- How to operate effective phone banks
- Keys for using direct mail for voter contact and persuasion
- Setting timelines and benchmarks
- How to use GOTV for a 2-5% turnout boost
- Absentee, early and vote-by-mail operations
- 4 steps to a good vote-by-mail program
- Election Day poll checking
- How to build your volunteer base
- The most powerful volunteer recruitment tool
- Formulas for plugging in your volunteers
- Sample volunteer sign-up form
- Volunteer management: Key principles for working with volunteers
- Training your volunteers
- Volunteer retention and attrition
- Developing grassroots leaders